Monday, February 13, 2006

PMS

This was originally a miserable post, but then I did some yoga after dinner and cleared my head enough to perk up.
The sermon on Sunday was about BITTERNESS. Ew, what a sin...and it doesn't get much press. Unconfessed sin pretty much = bitter spirit. (Now, interestingly, bitterness is not something to confess to others as it is discontent with what God gives and should be brought straight to Him.) The spring of bitter waters, however, brings forth malice, evil speaking, and anger. So, if this is what is flowing out of me, then the source can be pretty much traced to a bitter heart. (I think I'll term it the raging waterfall-out). So I have been thinking about my spring. Fresh or Marah? What bitterness do I like to nourish and relish?
Today I followed another bit of sermon advice: when the going gets rough, start singing Psalms. This is not in my comfort zone (I really love griping and groaning!) It is amazing what singing of God's mercies can reveal to a cranky heart.
So onward. My daughter was throwing a huge fit in the car and I overheard her muttering that I needed to move to "Teletubbies land" and then apparently as an alternate "Eygpt." What a trip. She is learning alot about backtalk this week, actually, we both are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home