Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thanksgiving Lasagna

Yep, that's what we're having. I am hauling out a pan I froze last month and decking it up with garlic ciabatta, green beans and salad. Dessert will be molten lava baby cakes with Nigella Lawson's decadent recipe and ice cream. The girls won't eat the cakes, which works out great for Stefan and I: zap em in the microwave Saturday!
My mother was really dissappointed that I was not making a turkey etc. for my family. I hadn't really thought about it. With the little ones the time off seemed better spent making Christmas presents and relaxing....not that we aren't eating well. I haven't figured out how to match the deep fried turkey with the stuffing and gravy from my childhood so until I have solved that dilemma I won't be making turkey.
The girls went in the Burley and their papa hauled them to the park on his bike. Now his boss just called and he dissappeared into his office. I hope that doesn't mean work for him today! He wants to get making the play stands (from waldorf) for the girls.
Tristan has had another growth spurt and he is all about reaching out and touching, especially faces. He is such a darling baby. Now if he would outgrow this spitting up all the time. It is hard to keep him smelling sweet!
I want to be sewing the moses baskets for the girls' dollies, however Tryn is saddled with me until her dad gets off the phone. Oh, wait, he has to do some work. :(
On a happy note, I am in my skinny jeans. YEEHAW! I feel like the extra working out effort has paid off, since this has never happened so quickly. I am especially thrilled because I have been eating like a pig, even caving in to my ravenous chocolate lust and desire for peanut butter. I do work out at least two times a week (which is a new level of diligence) and so that is a milestone. The challenge then is to not spend the holidays thinking I can eat more! I would like the remaining tire of flab around my waist to shrink down before Christmas and the visit home. Did I mention that nursing Annika twice a day seems to have benefits for me as well?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home