Saturday, August 13, 2005

Saturday

The end of a lazy Saturday. Bought and set up an uber cool tent (two rooms plus a screen porch). This was a stretch for Stefan, who prefers to camp with as little as necessary. He is gracious to see that I believe this is necessary. So it was a Costco, Target, Library, Old Navy day. Tryn was discussing with me that elephants don't live in houses...and that they have zookeepers. Annika fell off a chair while trying to reach her brother and did the initial holler...... silence................(breathe, baby, breathe).......................huuuuuuwail that scares the crap out of me. She has passed out like that before so it is petrifying to watch. But she has also been speaking in sentences again instead of grunting so that is an improvment. Only one temper tantrum as she wanted to get out of the cart seat and I kept telling her "no, your legs have to stay here. It was quite a scene, I'm sure. Thank God for kind women who pat you on the shoulder and say "good job, mom" as they pass by. Funny though, a target employee the same age came up to ask if I wanted her to go get a glass of water etc. I'm thinking, thanks lady, but pacifying her will only continue the behavior! Annika wanted to watch me talk to the strange person and was peetered out by then so that episode ended. Tristan had been looking up at me from the wrap and chatting, but gave up when I started to deal with Annika. I looked down to continue our conversation but he was cuddled up on my chest zonkered. Sweet baby......
On a different note, long shirts are finally coming back in vogue. What a miserable pregnancy it was to have to pull down my shirts constantly to avoid flashing the belly. I already have a long torso so that just makes the problem worse. So I have bought a few tank tops to layer under tees and to go to yoga in and it is such bliss to pull a shirt down to my HIPS for a change. What postpartum woman wants to have the inch or two between her pants and shirt showing, um, I think not! I will be stocking up for the next decade.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home