Friday, February 02, 2007

Haney Happenings

Lots of sunshine this week in Seattle and although cold in the morning, the temperature is 50 in the sunny spots. The kids have been spending time outside, happily, for the first time in a long time. Finally, it seems, we have reached a compatible age for the girls to play together for a long stretch. Tristan....well he could stay outside all afternoon just tromping around, finding jumpropes, chasing his sisters,and walking headlong into the paths of a whizzing swings. The girls travel the world (Australia is a particular favorite), have tea parties, call each other Shannon and Megan. Tryn is always narrating their explorations and Annika is echoing her sentiments.
I am growing more poochy and looking more chubby than pregnant still. The extra weight and work of my body leaves me tired going up or down stairs. I am starting to feel the consequences of bending over: contractions. Already. Ah, the fourth pregnancy. Each time they come sooner as the uterus wants to get a faster start on exercising itself in preparation for the birthday. Why can't I be as smart as my uterus? I bought a pregnancy workout DVD this week. Then my neck went out and was too inflamed to add any extra stress to. Bother!
In other news, I have jumped the hump and started doing the reading curriculum with Trynstar. Guess what! It is not the drudgery I expected. I actually look forward to it. Then I read some thoughts of other young mothers and was utterly discouraged. But I have to remind myself that they send their kids away and have other people do all this work for them.
Tryn is a smart cookie and loves to learn. This makes things easier. While she is not quite 5 yet, she wants to learn to read and mom has been holding off. I read at 5 with only Mr. Rogers and Sesame Street for instruction. She can do it. The question is: can mom be consistent????
Annika is a totally different bird. She has NO attention span. Granted, she is only three, but the kid JUST started wanting to read books together and sitting through an entire story. Tristan is climbing up on me with books in hand, just like Tryn. I just bought a mini trampoline for Anni, mostly, so that she can jump out some of her energy before she sits down for tabletime.
Well, our day is in slo-mo and I need to ramp it up.
GO BEARS, whip on those lame hoosiers.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home