Monday, September 13, 2010

Kickoff

Notes to self:

Pray and pray and pray more over each kid and family as a whole for wisdom and direction

Either start in August or late September but not smack dab in the middle of Stefan's planning insanity at amazon.

Just order curriculum to look at it OR figure out when homeschool conventions are and be in town for either of them.

Potty training is not my forte. Child will not be in diapers when four, right?

Planning is not my forte. Adapting is. Unless I make the plan, at which point I consider adapting either my failure or my laziness. Must I torture entire family with my mental mindgame? I think not.

Rejoice over all the things going well instead of fixating on all the problems. And then who else is with these kids? No one. So therefore I am to blame for all the sin.
HAHA. Ah.ah.ah. The Enemy speaks. Bite me, Satan. I have been learning the difference between accusing and convicting.

We do not do school at home because we are not doing school at home. For us that means ADIOS VERITAS. Hello Sonlight.

Be thankful for contrite spirits all around. The first step to change is always REPENT not GIN IT UP.

New improvements:
Tryn sorting laundry and doing a load each morning. Laundry might all get folded on one night, but it is clean if really needed!

Annika unloading dishwasher every morning. More predictability for meal clean up.

Tristan and Gideon getting kitchen chores before breakfast keeps them with me and moving.
Delegating the chore of making sure the pillows are on the couches to Gideon was one of the more brilliant ideas I have had. Yep, I am not the brightest marker in the box.

Before breakfast chores are GREAT. After meal chores are still wonky. Might have to work breakfast back to 8:30, but eating at 9, 12, 3, and 6 is less clean up.

All the chore pack work from last year was WORTH IT. Getting the habits in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home