Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Reasons to sell your house

Because trying to keep a house show worthy while living in it with four kids is absolutely hysterical. It is the definition of losing your sanity. But then I remember Romans 8:1
" There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,[a] who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit."
But my flesh is longing and thirsting for the pride that accompanies getting everything spiffy so that I can congratulate myself on the early sale of our house rather than God's gracious providence. Ow, die to self, OW!
After the baby broke the lamp ten minutes before we were leaving, my flesh cried out, "yell at the children, it is all their fault!" and yet the Spirit calmed me and I said, "it's okay, it's only a lamp....we could live by the flesh and holler, but we are going to live by the Spirit." My daughters, in astonishment at this unpredictable turn of attitude from their normally angry mother, responded with a relieved "yeah mom!"
So the pressure mounts as the engorged stomach of the economy is ready to vomit up it's excess and fast for awhile, and yet I am trying to sell a house. It is the Lord who steadies my husband....and I keep feeling nauseous as I quell waves of anxiety from thinking about it at all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Live by the spirit, yes we all should do so.

Thanks for your spirit and message!

jannie

10:36 PM  
Blogger Rene' said...

Moving from the city? Kids going to school? Did I read all that correctly? So much going on for you! I want to know more...

Rene'

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home